ELM327 Bluetooth Setup Manual for AndroidPublished on November 19, 2015 by Nick
Download and Print the Android Bluetooth ELM327 Setup Instruction Manual
- Connect the ELM327 interface to the OBD-II adapter in your vehicle.
- Start your vehicle or at minimum have the ignition switch on.
Locate and enable Bluetooth on your Smartphone or Tablet.
- The OBDII plug is normally located under the steering column or dash board, about 3 feet away from the driver.
Scan for and locate new hardware.
- Click the Menu icon, click Settings, click Wireless & Networks, and finally click Bluetooth Settings.
After the OBD-II Interface has been located pair it using the code “1234” or “6789”.
Install the ELM327 app of your choice.
- It may show up as 00:13:EF:00:0A:69 or similar but will resolve to OBD-II or similar.
- If scan results come up empty, unplug the interface and plug it back in and be sure you in transmission range of the Bluetooth signal. If this continues, try it in another vehicle.
Open the app and proceed to set the software up to connect to your OBD-II diagnostic tool. In Torque you will need to select the Bluetooth Device from the preferences menu.
Go Online with your vehicle to begin collecting real-time data and trouble codes from the ECU. The process for each software package will be different but is generally self-explanatory.
- We suggest Torque Free for Android, you can find this in Google Play.
No comments have been posted yet.
ELM327 OBD2 Interface Adapter Complete Guide
ELM327 OBD2 Bluetooth, WiFi and USB Interface Adapter guide. Teaches you everything you need to know about the ELM 327 car diagnostic tool.